(Links, Copyright, Privacy, Cookies, and Security Notice)
This World Wide Web (WWW) site is provided as a public service by the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management. This site is intended to be used by the public for viewing and retrieving information only. In providing information on this site, we have attempted to be as accurate as possible. However, we make no claims, guarantees or promises about the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the information provided and are not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of the information. Every possible effort is made to keep the content of this site accurate and current, but that may not always be the case. We will make an effort to correct errors brought to our attention. Distribution of the information does not constitute any warranty. The user assumes the risk of verifying any materials used or relied on.
The Department has made every effort to ensure that the regulations and policies posted on this web site are up-to-date, and accurately reflect the officially promulgated documents. While we try to keep these documents timely and accurate, we make no expressed or implied guarantees. Further, since DEM cannot guarantee protection from potential alteration or tampering of the materials on this server by outside parties, these materials do not constitute "official" versions, and they are not intended, nor can they be relied upon, to create any rights enforceable by any party in litigation with the State of Rhode Island. You should be aware that, pursuant to the Rhode Island Administrative Procedures Act, RIGL § 42-35 et. seq., the only version of the regulations that are defined as having the force of law are those which are filed with the Secretary of State's office.
The State of Rhode Island's computer resources and materials may contain hypertext or other links to external sites not owned or controlled by the State. Links to external servers do not imply any official State of Rhode Island endorsement of the opinions or ideas expressed therein, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. Links to commercial sites are in no way an endorsement of any vendors' products or services. Links to other computer systems are not supervised nor regularly reviewed by the State of Rhode Island.
* Any information, endorsements of products or services, materials or personal opinions appearing on such external sites are not controlled, sponsored nor approved by the State of Rhode Island.
* Links may be provided to external servers that are managed in a professional manner, that are fully operational, available most of the time and do not serve inaccurate information or obscene information, including graphics.
* The State of Rhode Island will not link to external servers if such link would appear to provide an official endorsement of fundraising efforts or lobbying for a political agenda.
The State of Rhode Island makes the content of this WWW site available to the public. Anyone may view information found here without obligation to the State of Rhode Island, unless otherwise stated on particular articles of information to which a restriction on fair use may apply. However, the State of Rhode Island makes no warranty that materials contained herein are free of copyright claims or other restrictions or limitations on fair use or display. The compiled information presented on this WWW site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. However, use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
All State of Rhode Island computer systems are subject to monitoring at all times to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer systems' operations and the information contained therein, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter and investigate violations of the law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this public computer system, save in areas designated and labeled as being presented by our secure server. We may collect some or all of the following information about visitors who view or download information from our websites:
- Date the visit occurred
- Time the visit occurred
- Client IP Unique Internet Protocol (IP) address of the website visitor
- The IP address recorded is normally that of the visitor's Internet service provider, e.g., aol.com if the visitor connects from an America Online account.
- Server IP Unique Internet Protocol (IP) address of the Rhode Island State Government web server accessed.
- HTTP Status Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) error code. E.g., "404 Requested Page Not Found."
- HTTP Request URL Identifies the web page or file requested by the website visitor
- Bytes Sent Amount of data sent from the web server to website visitor during that connection
- Bytes Received Amount of data sent from website visitor to the web server
- User Agent Type of web browser or other client software that made request to the web server.
- Referrer Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that referred to the requested file
- Protocol Version Version of HTTP used by the visitor's web browser software
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web services and help us understand how people are using our services. We analyze our web site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our site. The information in our web site logs is not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link it with the individuals that browse our web site.
Some of this statistical information, such as a running count of the number of visitors, may be displayed on the website or shared with other state governments to aid in the provision of better service to the public.
- Customized Services: Cookies may also be used to automatically identify a particular user to the system, in order to provide a customized service, such as a personalized web page. In this case, a cookie containing a unique user identifier will be permanently stored on your web browser. We do not store sensitive information in such cookies; only a unique user identifier or generic preference values are stored. Personal information you give us for processing a transaction or using one of our personalization features, may be stored on our secure web server. Personal information that you give us for processing a transaction or using one of our personalization features, may be stored on our secure web server, retained only as long as necessary and properly disposed of by destruction under the State of Rhode Island Title 38 Access to Public Records law.
- No other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purpose than those stated above and are scheduled for frequent and regular destruction.
- The State of Rhode Island makes no guarantee or warranty that servers not managed or controlled by the State of Rhode Island that are linked to this WWW site are not using cookies or collecting personally-identifying data.