- Special thanks to all of the 131,000 visitors, the staff of RIDEM, and to the sponsors that made the Volvo Ocean Race Newport Race Village stopover a great success!
- After nearly twenty years of closure, Rhode Island's Division of Parks and Recreation gave patrons a glimpse of its newest addition to the state park's system on October 25th: Rhode Island's iconic Rocky Point.
- Registration for the 2016 Rhode Island Great Outdoor Pursuit is now open!
- To make a reservation for a State Campground, please click here.
- Since 1909, the Rhode Island's Division of Parks & Recreation has evolved from a visionary plan to a statewide network of historic and magnificent green spaces and greenways devoted to the public enjoyment of the outdoors. Learn more about Rhode Island State Park histories.-->
On Saturday, May 14, 2016, the following RI State beaches will open WEEKENDS ONLY until Memorial Day weekend:
All state beaches will open on a daily basis from Memorial Day to Labor Day. We hope you are able to visit one of our beautiful state beaches during this summer season
FIREWOOD NOTICE: If you are planning to camp during an upcoming trip to Burlingame State Campground, please help protect our public lands by purchasing your firewood at the Burlingame Camp Store. The Camp Store offers for sale quality firewood at a reasonable price for our visitor's convenience and to prevent the spread of pests, which could decimate our forests.
Events in RI State Parks